Thursday 20 December 2012

Bowl predictions

Last weekend was the opening of bowl season in college football and as we draw in on Christmas and the new year the bigger bowl games are fast approaching. Nearer to the time I will talk about different bowl games in more detail and look how the 2014 bowl post season will look different. For now I just want to make a few predictions regarding some of the marquee games.

There is no better place to start than the BCS national championship game. The SEC champions Alabama will take on the unbeaten fighting Irish. Alabama are 10 point favourites in this game which may surprise some people as Norte Dame are unbeaten but the SEC is the power house of college football and I would probably put Florida or Georgia as favourites over them as well. It will be a low scoring game as two defensive teams go hard but I think Bama win by 9 points.

Another matchup that catches my eye is the Rose bowl PAC-12 champs Standford and BIG-10 champs Wisconsin. Wisconsin are bit of a surprise to be in the Rose bowl as Nebraska was tipped to win the BIG -10 but they destroyed them in the championship match through running behind Monte Ball. The win was so comprehensive that's the reason I'm taking them in the Rose bowl, they will lean heavily on Ball again and I predict them to take it by 3.

I'm going to make a third prediction so you can use it as a treble if you want and I'm going to predict the Outback bowl. There are lots of other bowl games I'm excited about like the cotton, capital one and fiesta bowl but the outback I thinks going to be a classic football match. It pitches Clowneys South Carolina up against Dernard Robinsons Michigan. Clowney goes up against Michigan's left tackle Lewan both all Americans and this is going to be a battle to watch. I think both teams will put points on the board and Robinson in his last game produces one last moment of magic so Michigan win their second bowl game in a row. Michigan to win by 3.

Bowl season is one of my favourite times of the year and I will discuss the process of BCS bowls and other bowls and NCAA football in the future alongside discuss some of the match ups in more detail. Enjoy the predictions.

No comments:

Post a Comment